Future planning, what a glorious thing. At 21 it seemed perfectly reasonable to be married and knocked up by 30...
5 years and 2 weeks ago i recalibrated my goals. I was 26 then and thought of my biggest and best dreams, they scared me, delighted me, and made me so excited for the future. By now i am supposed to be married and have child 1.
It's funny how priorities and dreams change. I read those goals now and although the same key themes are present in my life, the specifics are so vastly different!
Things that are the same:
- Financial goals (kinda the same)
- Career goals, #killin those
- An interest in exploration, locally + worldly
- An interest in meaningful, deep relationships
- Still a total romantic, it's going to happen... Someday
Things that are different:
- Friends have changed
- I don't want to own HOMES (and definitely not the luxury ones I had mapped out)
- Kids? Not even sure at all...
- An extreme jump-off into frugality
This is the way I see my goals now, same exercise but different execution: