you too, can kill it...
Hi. I'm Lu. Lulu. Louise. Or as mom puts it, Dooter-Beans.
On October 31, 2015 after a 19 day trip to Indonesia, I went all in: quit my job, entrusted my belongings to friends + family, and embraced the nomadic backpacker life.
Join me as I document:
- Work: Redefining my career on the fly, and not failing at it. Currently brainstorming ways to make it focus on...
- Animal Rights / Our Planet: This has been an evolution for me, but there has been some level of this in my life since I was a kid. We gotta do more guys. Start by watching Earthlings... Then Cowspiracy... Then read The Omnivore's Dilemma.
- Travel: My style is a healthy blend of winging it + research
- Finances: Initially was planning to travel "til the money ran out," but awesome opportunities keep coming up (see my expenses HERE!)
- Feels: Some dating and emo stuff
Hopefully I can inspire you to start saying yes to wild + extraordinary opportunities as they cross your path, because even the worst case scenario can open amazing doors. Trust me...
I'm a free-spirited OCD, INTJ, Gemini all combined into one strange package of a human. I began this blog in August 2015 as a place to share my debt payoff (a 9 year project), dating life + generally ridiculous life experiences. Now it is some combination of travel confessions and epiphanies - as they come to me.
I'm obsessed with furbabies of all sorts around the globe and will not hesitate to kiss stray animals or stop drop + yoga, even in the grimiest of places. Hence my accident prone nature.
WHERE AM I NOW?
Colombia to teach English (& learn Espanol!), then following some ❤ stuff to Argentina...